What You Should Do Next:
- Start a “Hail Damage” notebook
- Take down as many details of the incident as possible.
- If possible take photos/ video of the damage to your property
- Get all your insurance policy documents together
- Do due diligence on potential roofers
- Decide on a contractor prior to your insurance company coming out.
- (Having your contractor present with the insurance adjuster reassures that you have an experienced person representing your best interest, not the insurance company’s!)
- Have your contractor advise you on calling in your claim.
What To Watch Out For:
- Don’t allow yourself to be rushed
- Find out if the company is local or out-of-town
- Check BBB/ company website
- Get proofs of insurance
- Are they licensed in your city?
- Make sure you read and understand the contract you are signing
- NEVER give any money until the work has begun!